Social networks are also in crisis
Social networks help brands to strengthen bonds with their clients, but are not free of hazards. On these platforms the customer is free to engage with brands, but also to criticize them and, sometimes, a negative comment may cause a real snowball effect and “crush” a company’s reputation forever. Social Media Today below lists some uncomfortable truths about the crises in social media:
Social Media Today below lists some uncomfortable truths about the crises in social media:
1. The crisis in social media are triggered when marks less expect it, even when it seems that they are living a “honey Moon” with the consumer.
2. Crises on social media have the potential to damage reputation long-term marks in a very short period of time.
3. When does not respond to them appropriately at the right time, crises in social media tend to grow out of control, increasing its pernicious impact on brands.
4. The crises in social media are not resolved by themselves. They continue to grow in an uncontrolled manner until the crisis reaches a point of no return or brand do something about.
5. The crisis in social media can have a very negative emotional impact on customers of the brand.
6. Information changes very quickly in crises on social media and the rumors, speculation and misinformation in them are the common currency.
7. The fact that a mark has suffered a crisis in social media before does not mean that you can not face to another in the future.
8. The marks are not immune to crises on social media. The only thing you can do to contain them is to be prepared in advance with a crisis plan.