Steve Ballmer Announces Office 15
It works with touch, pen and keyboard
The next version has an intuitive design that works by touch, pen, mouse or keyboard on all new Windows devices, including tablets.The new Office is social and has modern options in the areas of reading, making notes, meetings and communication, and will be offered to subscribers through a cloud service provided to date. “We have taken steps in cutting-edge Microsoft,” said Ballmer during the conference in San Francisco. “This completely new Office will offer unprecedented productivity and flexibility to both consumers and business customers. This is a cloud service that will shine when used in conjunction with Windows 8 . “
Best of Office on Windows 8 • Fully touch. Office responds to touch so naturally as does the keyboard and mouse. Slide your finger across the screen and wide screen to read your documents and presentations.Create new content and access functions with your finger.
• Ink. Use a pen to create content, take notes and access features. Write email manually and convert them automatically into text. Use the pen as a pointer in presentations. Illuminates the contents and delete errors easily.
• New applications for Windows 8. OneNote and Lync are the first applications for Office-style Windows 8. These applications are designed to provide tactile experiences in a tablet. The new radial menu in OneNote allows access to functions with your finger.
• Included in Windows RT.Office Home and Student 2013 RT, which contains new versions of applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote, the devices will be included in Windows 8 ARM-based, including Microsoft Surface. Steve Ballmer at the launch of Office 15.
Office in the cloud • SkyDrive. Office automatically saves documents in SkyDrive, so that your content is always available on your tablet, PC and telephone. You can also access your documents offline, which will be synchronized when you reconnect to.
•Synchronization. Once you sign up for Office, your custom settings, including your files, your template and even your custom dictionary will be available in virtually all your devices. Office remember where you left off and take you back to that activity with a single click.
• Office on request.With a subscription, you can access Office even if you’re away from your PC, you can download complete applications in a Windows PC connected to the Internet.
• New subscription services. The new Office is available as a subscription service based on the cloud. As a subscriber, consumers receive the updates automatically, as well as innovative services in the cloud as international minutes in Skype and additional storage on SkyDrive. Subscribers receive several family facilities and devices.
Office is social • Yammer. Yammer provides a private and secure social network for business. You can register free and start using the social network instantly. Yammer offers integration with SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics.
• Stay connected. Follow people, equipment, documents and sites in SharePoint. View photos, videos and content from Office on your posts of activities to be always aware and keep your colleagues informed.
• People Card. Get an integrated view of your contacts anywhere in Office. The Card People include presence information complete with photos, status updates, contact information and activities tickets your Facebook and LinkedIn.
• Skype. The new Office includes Skype. As part of your subscription, you will receive 60 minutes per month in international Skype. Integrate your Skype contacts and call Lync or send an instant message to any contact in Skype.
Office opens new scenarios • Take digital notes. Keep your notes in hand in the cloud and your devices with OneNote. Use whichever is more natural for IT: the hand, pen or keyboard, or use them all together and easily changed from one to another.
• Read and review. Reading Mode in Word provides a reading experience modern and easy to navigate that automatically adjusts for screens large and small. Zooms content, playing videos within documents, see the markup, and uses touch to turn the pages.
• Meetings.PowerPoint adds a new view that displays presentation slides in private current and the following, the time of presentation and speaker notes.During the presentation, you can extend, mark and navigate your slides with finger or pen. Lync include high-definition video presentations, shared OneNote notebooks and a virtual whiteboard for brainstorming.
• 82-inch touchscreens. Make meetings, presentations and interesting classes, either in person or virtually, with these multi-touch enabled screens Perceptive Pixel pen. Although the full line of offerings and prices will be announced in the fall, Ballmer spoke about the new subscription services, Office 365. Once available, each new subscription offer will include the new 2013 editions of Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access. In addition, subscribers will be entitled to future updates of the version and receive use rights for up to five PCs or Macs and mobile devices. The new logo of Office 15. All three new editions are:
• Office 365 Home Premium - designed for families and consumers. This service also includes 20 GB of additional storage on SkyDrive and 60 international minutes per month on Skype.
• Office 365 Small Business Premium - designed for small businesses. This service also includes corporate email, shared calendars, websites and tools for high-definition videoconferencing.
• ProPlus Office 365 - designed for enterprise customers who want advanced business skills and flexibility to deploy and manage cloud.